Saturday, April 18, 2009

Farewell Brentina


It was definitely an emotional evening last night at the World Cup, as we were all in attendance to bid Brentina a bittersweet fairwell from such an amazing career as an International Dressage horse. The big screen tv's highlighted the phenominal career of Brentina and Debbie McDonald, as they rode into the arena, Debbie obviously emotional, as was every single person sitting in the stands. Brentina will now retire to I'm sure the best pasture on the farm and coach Felix and Wizard to International stardom, with Debbie right by her side coaching Adrienne. You did it, Girls, with class, style, grace and Fabulosity!

Also last night was the young horse classes, and look out world, there is a new Sheriff in town named "Big Tyme." This horse took my breath away and I can't wait to see more in the future. This horse is what dreams are made of. I need to do my research and find out who the sire and dam are of this fabulous horse. If anyone knows, please let me know.

Last but not least, us girls hit the town last night, painted the town red and danced until the morning hours. My feet hurt so bad that I could barely walk out of the dance club. Siggi and Sandy have pictures....Lord, I hope I get to approve anything that gets posted on the internet (eeks). My plan was to dress up for tonight's Freestyles, but, um, I went to put on the high heels that I was saving for tonight and my feet are so swollen that I can't get them on. Good job, Cinderella! The outfit just got downgraded to jeans and tennis shoes.

2 comments:

Shano said...

Big Tyme a Belgian Warmblood gelding, 17.1,by Saros van't Gestelhof, out of Elvira by Wendekreis, was born in 2001. He was bred by Jos and Ria Loots in Belgium. This impressive team represented the U.S. at the 2006 World Championships for Young Horses in Verden, Germany and has progressed to 2008 California Dressage Horse of the Year at 4th Level. Big Tyme and Marisa are currently showing Prix St. George and working to qualify for the 2009 Developing Horse Championships.

Riding Couture said...

Shano, you're a stud!!! Thanks for digging up a little info for me!