Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Little Red Vest





So,this little number is what I've been working on lately. Of course, everything I design is really geared to ride in, BUT, I actually wore this vest with a power suit and heels last week (yes, with the blouse in the pic), then I turned around and wore it in a riding lesson with a black blouse and thermal under that, and THEN I threw on my best pair of jeans, favorite Burberry Shawl, knee high boots and hit dinner and a movie.

Now, if I lived in LA, San Diego, or somewhere warm, I'd throw on a t-shirt underneath -- or heck, if my arms were tone, I'd just wear this Little Red Vest with nothing underneath, hike up the girls and call it a day! What I'm saying is, she's versatile!

The fabric is a 50/50 cotton poly that resists stains, can be thrown in the washer and does not wrinkle. I mean, really, what else can a girl ask for? What I'm going for is rugged outdoor wear, with Couture styling. I think I nailed it here. Well, in my mind anyway.

The only change I think I'd like to make is the tie in the back...I think it should be red satin. I hope you all like. I will have some ready in red and black in a few weeks.

2 comments:

jenifer said...

Nice Vest! What about a satin strap with buttons for adjustment?

Sue Steiner said...

great vest!!