Monday, December 15, 2008

What's up?


Well, I'll tell ya' what's up, I've been doing a little shopping this past week and I have a few comments to make!

First off, I bought the most fabulous new riding britches! Just for the record I want to state that this girl is VERY particular about her britches. I have been wearing the exact same three pair for the last five years (which are brilliant as well, but are now discontinued so I needed a Plan B). So let me introduce the "ELT Paris" Tactel full-seat breech, lined in fleece, $159. Yes, they are the winter riding breech. Tactel is a synthetic fabric that is soft, lightweight, breathable, quick drying and STRONG. Love it!!!

What I like most about these britches is the substance they offer. What I mean by "substance" is the weight, having a great hand, and they really do help in camouflaging that extra junk in your trunk. The other cool thing is they wear like a pair of jeans! Not only are they great for the obvious, riding, but they look fantastic with knee-high boots or UGGs. Serious. No, seriously.

Where to buy? The Grange Supply in Issaquah, Washington, www.thegrangesupply.com. Ask for Simone (my friend and saddle fitter) and she will hook you up. They were even offering 30% off!

The other big purchase I made this week is the new WEATHERBEETA ORICAN FREESTYLE DETACH-A-NECK medium weight blanket. Man, has Weatherbeeta kicked it up. This blanket rocks. I can't believe how well made it is. I just body clipped my palomino (don't ever body clip a palomino unless you really have to. I want to keep this blog as PG-13 as possible, so I won't say what he really looks like, but it's not pretty) and he is PLENTY warm without a liner. The only thing is the neck thingy runs slightly big, BUT it just kinda folds down his neck, so not a problem. Also, they say the color is black and coral (okay, if I had not seen the blanket I would have been totally opposed to "coral" piping), but to me the blanket is a dark, deep forest green with "pumpkin" piping. It really is a great color combo.

And finally, I met this cool chick on Twitter with this straight up fab website called "Haute Cowgirl." Anyone that uses the words "Haute" and "Cowgirl" in any one sentence has got my attention. Anyway, she did a little blogging on Riding Couture Bling. Go check it out... http://www.hautecowgirl.com You may need to scroll down a bit to read the RC blog, as it was a few days ago.

Thank you Haute Cowgirl! And, yes, we will remember that "Cowgirl" is a state of mind!

2 comments:

Country Diva said...

Thankyou so much for the shout out!!I love love your site and look for an order for me this week!

Caly said...

I love your site and your blog! I'm glad to have found you through twitter!


Caly
http://craftyequine.blogspot.com